Friday, January 8, 2010

Fashion forward and Invisalign?!?

Happy New Year! It's been a while since I have blogged. My resolution is to be a better blogger! My patient, Emily, came in the other day. I've talked about her in a previous blog entry. She went home for the holidays and spent some time with family. Remember her sister? She is in Invisalign treatment as well. Is this ringing a bell? So Emily tells me that they were "comparing" their Invisalign stories...looking at each other's aligners, seeing who has more ( her sis does), who has more "bumps" or attachments (Emily does). So Emily's sister is about 4 aligners ahead of Emily at the moment (Yes I have joined in on the friendly sisterly competition! Makes it more fun.). Being slightly more experienced in the ways of Invisalign, her sister gave her some tips on cleaning the aligners, what happens when you drink red wine (stains!) , and also presented Emily with a gift. It was a Kate Spade makeup bag! Now I know all you ladies are oohing and aahhing, because what gal doesn't love any Kate Spade bag? This was a really cute one, white with big black polka dots and a hot pink satin lining. Love it! But what Emily loved even more was what was inside. It was her own custom-made Invisalign Care Kit! Lip balm, a mouthwash spray, denture cleaning tablets (you can use these for cleaning the aligners), a cute purple aligner box, floss, toothpaste, and a toothbrush! The bag has a plastic covering, so it won't get wet. The size was perfect to fit in any purse or to even carry around on its own, and you can look stylish while still taking care of your Invisalign! And nobody has to know. When Emily showed it to me we were laughing like little girls. My husband came in, curious about all the commotion. When I excitedly showed him Emily's bag, he did that amused half-smile which stated, "I am glad you are having a good time but I really don't know what all this brouhaha is all about." That's fine. I'm used to that look!

See my invisaligngal page for photos of the fab bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment