Monday, October 12, 2009

Starting Invisalign Gal's Blog!

Hello Friends!

I am really excited to be starting this blog! I have never "blogged" before, unless you count keeping a journal...is that just the antiquated form of blogging? In any case, I certainly never expected to start a blog, and who knew it would be all about Invisalign! When I first got certified I just had no idea that Invisalign would open so many doors and make me excited about coming to work everyday. It is great to meet so many new patients who actually want to be there! OK, so maybe I am stretching the truth a little here. But patients are genuinely interested in seeing how their teeth are moving. We take photos regularly, and people love to see them. The patient might say, " I don't think my teeth are moving," but once we show the pictures, it is obvious that things are changing. What has also been surprising is how much I have learned about people and their lifestyles, simply based on their use of the Invisalign aligners. One patient has discovered which gum won't stick (Orbit) to the aligners, another drinks hot coffee through a straw, a patient's new puppy keeps chewing up his aligners...one young woman left her bottom aligner at the Playboy mansion, and yet another gal put her aligners through the dryer! And they still fit!

It has been an interesting journey so far. I'm sure there are more stories to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment